Friday, July 21, 2006

New Generation of Fiber Artists

When I told Christian that we would be visiting him in Texas, has asked: "Mimma, can we use all those pieces of fabric you sent me to make a blanket for my Daddy?"
Does that tug at your heartstrings or what?


Here's a photo of three of my grand-
children, Josie, Christian and Joel. Christian and Joel are holding their first art quilts. Both have been using fabric for their fiber collages for some time now, but just loved sitting on Mimma's lap while that sewing machine whirred its way through their designs.
Bravo for our young artists!

Christian sent his art quilt to his Daddy overseas. For those of you who don't know, Christian is the reason that Operation Kid Comfort was started. I made that first photo-transfer Daddy quilt for him.

And if you think you recognize Joel, it is because he is the subject of Made in the USA' and art quilt that I created for the QA Challenge: E Pluribus Unum.

So . . . Here's to budding young artists, who just happen to be MY grandchildren!

2 comments:

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Ann, this is great! The kids are so delighted, and I know you are so proud of them, for so many reasons. The quilt art is just a bonus!

Sarah Ann Smith said...

Absolutely wonderful Ann.... and talk about huggable love-bugs! At 48, I'm hoping my kids (currently 8 and 12) won't be parents for at least 15 plus years, but hope they don't wait forever (like I did!) to have kids.... I want to be young enough to have the energy to play with them!

Cheers, Sarah